Air pollution and ultraviolet rays which are constantly increasing today due to both natural and human activities are confirmed enemies of human skin, requiring people to take various measures to protect their skin.
Due to the hectic life nowadays, sometimes, you do not have time for exhaustive skin care. But don’t worry because with the following five basic tips which take only a little of your time, you can still have healthy and beautifulskin.
1. Defend your skin from the sun
A long sun exposure can cause sunburn, make your sun age faster and even cause cancer.
Some basic tips:
- Utilize sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Apply sunscreen all over the body, especially the parts of the body directly exposed to the sun. Reapply sun cream every two hours.
- Stay away from the sunfrom 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., when the sunbeams are most powerful.
- Wear defensive clothingsuch as long, thick pants, shirts with long sleeves and hats with wide brims. Ensure that your sunglasses have an UV absorption proportion of 99%-100%.
2. Give your skin a gentle treatment
- Reduce bathing time. Oil can be removed from your skin if you have a bath or a shower for too long or with too hot water. Reduce bathing time and use warm instead of too hot or too cold water.
- Use gentle soaps instead of strong ones which can remove oil from your skin.
- Moisten your skin. Use a lotion that fits your skin type. For usage on a daily basis, use a lotion containing SPF.
3. Stay away from tobacco
Smoking cause wrinkles and skin aging. Smoking makes the small blood vessels in the external skin layers of skin thinner, delaying blood flows. In this way, the skin is deprived of oxygen and nutrients which are necessary to skin wellbeing.
Additionally, collagen and elastin which make your skin healthy and elastic can also be destroyed if you smoke.
Try to avoid smoking, if you are a smoker, quit smoking as soon as possible.
4. Do exercise more
Exercising helps oxygen and nutrients circulate more efficiently and discharges toxic substances through sweat, making your skin cleaner and healthier. It can also help you reduce stress which can contribute to skin vulnerability, blemishes and other skin issues.