Due to the hectic life nowadays, modern adults often have a lot of stuff in their mind and suffer from constant sleeplessness. Many people have resorted to sedatives as a means to control this disease.
Nevertheless, taking sedatives is only a short-term measure to tackle their problems and they can evenharm human health if used on a regular basis. Instead, people can safely and healthily overcome sleeplessness by practicing yoga, especially five yoga poses below.
1. Hero pose (Virasana)
This posture helps repair damage to your knees and ankles, stretch your spine, open your chest, soothe your heart rate and refresh your mind.
- Kneel in comfort, place your hips on your heels and your fingers on the floor.
2. Child’s Pose (Balasana)
This pose helps refresh your mind and reduce your stress.
- Kneel in comfort on the floor.
- Bend your body ahead until your forehead touches the floor.
- Bring your chest down as close to your knees as possible, stretch your arms forward.
- Breathe gently, maintain this position for two minutes.
3. Legs Up the Wall (ViparitaKarani)
This pose helps release lymph and lactic acid from the legs, thus preventing damage and pains caused by excessive pressure on the feet.
- Sit opposite with a wall so that your hips are 6 inches away from it.
- Lie on your back, stretch your legs up the wall.
- If it is too hard for the tendon behind your knee to extend, place your hips further away from the wall.
- Place your arms across your sides with palms up, gradually breathe, sense the extension in your legs.
4. Happy Baby (AnandaBalasana)
This pose allows the abdomen to relieve its own pains and the spine to relax.
- Lie with your face upwards, bring your knees close to your chest, use your index and middle finger to grab your big toes.
- Bring your heels upward, keep your hips stick to the floor.
- Movebackwards and forwards to smoothly massage the spine.
5. Nighttime Goddess Pose (SuptaBaddhaKonasana)
This posture gently extends the pelvis, low midriff, and inner thighs.
- Lie supine, bend your knees.
- Put your soles close to each other, then make your knees fall open so you’re your legs can create a diamond.
- Let your arms relax on the floor with the palms up.If it is hard, put a thin pillow under each knee to lift your legs.
In conclusion, you can see that all of these yoga exercises aim at helping your body feel more relaxed; therefore, you can get into sleep more easily and quickly, forget counting sheep each time you go to bed. All of the afore-mentioned exercises are gentle and suitable for anyone, even beginners; however, you should closely follow the directions so as to avoid regretful injuries.