Nowadays, human degrading health has become such a great concern that people have paid a lot of attention to exercises to improve their health from an early age.
That’s the reason why many parents have sent their children to yoga classes so that they can be healthy, active and energetic. Yoga not only helps children increase concentration but also enhance their confidence and alleviate pressure. This article is going to provide you with five simple yoga poses for children to practice.
1. Airplane Pose (Dekasana)
This pose helps kids improve concentration, ability to keep balance and make the legs, chest and hands stronger.
- Inhale and stand upright.
- Lift your right leg behind your body, keep your legs straight.
- Bend forward.
- Lift your arms until they are on the same height level with your shoulders so that your body look like a plane.
- Maintain this position for some seconds
- Bring your arms down and return to the initial position.
2. Frog Pose (ArdhaBhekasana)
This pose enhances theefficiency of your heart and strengthens your legs.
- Sit on your heels
- Put your palms on the floor, sit on your tiptoes.
- Breathe gently, lean forward to put most of your weight on the hands.
- Gradually lift your soles, put a little weight on your toes.
- Finally, place your soles on the floor, stand up.
3. Partner Boat Pose (Navasana )
This is such an interesting yoga pose for children that they will certainly love it. It enhances the intestinal system and reinforces your spine. It can also create a cooperative spirit since it requires a partner to do.
- Sit down opposite to each other.
- Lift your legs until your feet stick together.
- Lift your hands until you can hold your partner’s hands.
- Push each other’s soles.
- Breathe gently, bring the feet down to the floor, let your hands loose and return to the initial position.
4. Flower Pose (Dekasana)
This posture makes you stronger and increases your ability to keep balance.
- Sit down with your spinal cord straight.
- Curve your legs so that your knees are aimed in the opposite directions.
- Grab your legs.
- Gradually raise your legs up.
- Maintain this position for some seconds.
- Slowly bring your legs down and return to the initial position.
5. Happy Baby Pose (AnandaBalasana)
This pose helps calm your mind and body down, reduce stress and extend the spine.
- Breathe in and lie on your back
- Exhale and lift your legs until your knees touch your midsection.
- Use your hands to hold your feet.
- Maintain this position for 5 – 7 seconds.
- Bring down your legs gradually and return to the initial position.
In conclusion, yoga has been well-known as a type of exercise for anyone, regardless of their age and their gender. To make yoga more attractive to your children, start with these five yoga exercises so that your kids can have fun and feel comfortable when practicing yoga.