In modern society, having a great height is very important because sometimes, it determines people’s self-esteem and success. Besides genetics and good nutrition, exercise also plays a decisive role in whether you have a good height or not. If you are a person with a moderate height, there is no need to feel disappointed because yoga can help you. Yoga including stretching helps elongate muscles. Along with gravitational effects, yoga extends the body, thus making you taller. Let’s turn disappointment to action with these five yoga exercises which can effectively help you attain a greater height even in adulthood.
1. Easy pose (Sukhasana)
This is the most simple and basic pose. It helps you control your breathing, support your back and hips and finally, increase your height by decreasing the pressure on the cartilage.
- Sit with your back straight on the ground.
- Cross your legs, put your hands on your knees, concentrate on your breath.
- Keep your hips on the ground, gradually bring your knees down and breathe.
- Breathe in and at the same time raise your arms up over your head.
- Breathe out and bring your arms down.
2. Hand-To-Feet Forward Bend Pose (Hasta-Padasana )
This posture stretches the spine and extend the hamstrings so it is helpful for height increasing.
- Stand upright in Tadasana, roll your shoulders back, puff your chest out, suck your belly in.
- Breathe in and stretch your arms straight above your head.
- Breathe out and curve forward until your head reaches your knees and your hands reach your feet, even until your hands reach the back of your feet (if you can).
- Maintain this posture for 30 seconds.
3. Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana)
Shoulder stand is considered to be a miracle for height increasing. It is also beneficial to hair, skin, blood pressure, etc.
- Lie supine with your belly tight, press your shoulders to the floor.
- Stiffen your legs, raise them up from the floor and up into the air so that your shoulders are carrying all the weight.
- Use your hands to take up the back, lift the body straight in the air.
- Maintain this posture for 40 seconds.
- Bring your knees down to your forehead, move your spine back to the floor, return to the initial pose.
4. Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
This exercise helps make your legs, arms and chest stronger. It also reinforces joints, supports the hips, chest and extends the hamstrings. Moreover, magically, this pose helps you adopt a good posture and attain the balance of the body.
- Stand upright, open your feet wide apart.
- Turn to one side (should be right side).
- Point your left foot straight and your right foot to the right side.
- Breathe gently once and curve your body to the right until your right hand reaches your right foot.
- Remember to place your arms straight together.
- Ensure not to bend forward or upward,extend as much as possible, open your chest wide, press your feet tightly to the floor.
- Open your eyes and look up.Gradually return to the initial pose.
In conclusion, yoga, especially all the above four exercises can helps you become taller, but the outcomes also depends on a number of other matters, such as regularity of practicing and diet. All of these exercises are at intermediate level, so almost all people can do. Nevertheless, if you have back problems, you should consult with a health expert or your private doctor before practicing. The best course of action for everyone is to practice yoga regularly, consult a doctor for an appropriate workout plan and combine yoga with a balanced diet to not only obtain a desirable height but also a good health.